At Fidelity National Financial, Inc., we respect and believe it is important to protect the privacy of consumers and our customers. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and protect any information that we collect from you, when and to whom we disclose such information, and the choices you have about the use of that information. A summary of the Privacy Notice is below, and we encourage you to review the entirety of the Privacy Notice following this summary. You can opt-out of certain disclosures by following our opt-out procedure set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Types of Information Collected:
You may provide us with certain personal information about you, like your contact information, addressdemographic information, social security number (SSN), driver’s license, passport, other government ID numbers and/or financial information. We may also receive browsing information from your Internet browser, computer and/or mobile device if you visit or use our websites or applications.
How Information is Collected:
We may collect personal information from you via applications, forms, and correspondence we receive from you and others related to our transactions with you. When you visit our websites from your computer or mobile device, we automatically collect and store certain information available to us through your Internet browser or computer equipment to optimize your website experience.
Use of Collected Information:
We request and use your personal information to provide products and services to you, to improve our products and services, and to communicate with you about these products and services. We may also share your contact information with our affiliates for marketing purposes.
When Information Is Disclosed:
We may disclose your information to our affiliates and/or nonaffiliated parties providing services for you or us, to law enforcement agencies or governmental authorities, as required by law, and to parties whose interest in title must be determined.
Choices With Your Information:
Your decision to submit information to us is entirely up to you. You can opt-out of certain disclosure or use of your information or choose to not provide any personal information to us.
Information From Children:
We do not knowingly collect information from children who are under the age of 13, and our website is not intended to attract children.
Privacy Outside the Website:
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, even if our website links to those parties’ websites.
By providing us with you information, you consent to its transfer, processing and storage outside of your country of residence, as well as the fact that we will handle such information consistent with this Privacy Notice.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act:
Some FNF companies provide services to mortgage loan servicers and, in some cases, their websites collect information on behalf of mortgage loan servicers. The mortgage loan servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through those websites.
Your Consent To This Privacy Notice:
By submitting information to us or by using our website, you are accepting and agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Access and Correction; Contact Us:
If you desire to contact us regarding this notice or your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or as directed at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. and its majority-owned subsidiary companies providing title insurance, real estate- and loan-related services (collectively, “FNF”, “our” or “we”) respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information and Browsing Information will only be used in compliance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws. This Privacy Notice is only in effect for Personal Information and Browsing Information collected and/or owned by or on behalf of FNF, including Personal Information and Browsing Information collected through any FNF website, online service or application (collectively, the “Website”).
Types of Information Collected
We may collect two types of information: Personal Information and Browsing Information. Personal Information. The types of personal information FNF collects may include, but are not limited to:
• contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address);
• social security number (SSN), driver’s license, and other government ID numbers; and
• financial account or loan information.
Browsing Information. The types of browsing information FNF collects may include, but are not limited to:
• Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
• browser language;
• browser type;
• domain name system requests;
• browsing history;
• number of clicks;
• hypertext transfer protocol headers; and
• application client and server banners.
How Information is Collected
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
• applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative, whether electronic or paper;
• communications to us from you or others;
• information about your transactions with, or services performed by, us, our affiliates or others; and
• information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records that we either obtain directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others. We may collect Browsing Information from you as follows:
• Browser Log Files. Our servers automatically log, collect and record certain Browsing Information about each visitor to the Website. The Browsing Information includes only generic information and reveals nothing personal about the user.
• Cookies. From time to time, FNF may send a “cookie” to your computer when you visit the Website. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you visit the Website again, the cookie allows the Website to recognize your computer, with the goal of providing an optimized user experience. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can choose not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. If you choose not to accept cookies, then some functions of the Website may not work as intended.
Use of Collected Information
Information collected by FNF is used for three main purposes:
• To provide products and services to you, or to one or more third party service providers who are performing services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you;
• To improve our products and services; and
• To communicate with you and to inform you about FNF’s products and services.
When We Share Information
We may share your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Browsing Information with certain individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without first obtaining your authorization. Such dsclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
• to agents, representatives, or others to provide you with services or products you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or material misrepresentation or nondisclosure;
• to third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or perform other functions on our behalf;
• to law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders; and/or
• to other parties authorized to receive the information in connection with services provided to you or a transaction involving you.
We may disclose Personal Information and/or Browsing Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
• comply with a legal process or applicable laws;
• enforce this Privacy Notice;
• investigate or respond to claims that any information provided by you violates the rights of a third party; or
• protect the rights, property or personal safety of FNF, its users or the public.
We make efforts to ensure third party contractors and service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf protect your information. We limit use of your information to the purposes for which the information was provided. We do not give or sell your information to third parties for their own direct marketing use. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, Browsing Information, as well as any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the FNF business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of this information in connection with any of the above-described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third party or for any actions of any third party that receives any of the information that is disclosed to us.
Choices With Your Information
Whether you submit your information to FNF is entirely up to you. If you decide not to submit your information, FNF may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. You may choose to prevent FNF from using your information under certain circumstances (“opt out”). You may opt out of receiving communications from us about our products and/or services.
Security And Retention Of Information
FNF is committed to protecting the information you share with us and utilizes a combination of security technologies, procedures and safeguards to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure. FNF trains its employees on privacy practices and on FNF’s privacy and information security policies. FNF works hard to retain information related to you only as long as reasonably necessary for business and/or legal purposes.
Information From Children
The Website is meant for adults. The Website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without permission from a parent or guardian.
Privacy Outside the Website
The Website may contain links to other websites, including links to websites of third party service providers. FNF is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites.
Because FNF’s headquarters is located in the United States, we may transfer your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to the United States. By using our website and providing us with your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information, you understand and consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside your country of residence, as well as the fact that we will handle such information consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Currently, our policy is that we do not recognize “do not track” requests from Internet browsers and similar devices.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act
For some websites which FNF or one of its companies owns, such as the Customer CareNet (“CCN”), FNF is acting as a third party service provider to a mortgage loan servicer. In those instances, we may collect certain information on behalf of that mortgage loan servicer, including:
• first and last name;
• property address;
• user name and password;
• loan number;
• social security number – masked upon entry;
• email address;
• security questions and answers; and
• IP address.
The information you submit is then transferred to your mortgage loan servicer by way of CCN. The mortgage loan servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through this website. For example, if you believe that your payment or user information is incorrect, you must contact your mortgage loan servicer.
CCN does not share consumer information with third parties, other than those with which the mortgage loan servicer has contracted to interface with the CCN application. All sections of this Privacy Notice apply to your interaction with CCN, except for the sections titled Choices with Your Information, and Access and Correction. If you have questions regarding the choices you have with regard to your personal information or how to access or correct your personal information, contact your mortgage loan servicer.
Access and Correction
To access your Personal Information in the possession of FNF and correct any inaccuracies, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
601 Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Your Consent To This Privacy Notice
By submitting Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to FNF, you consent to the collection and use of information by FNF in compliance with this Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice. If we change this Privacy Notice, we will post the revised version on the Website.
Please send questions and/or comments related to this Privacy Notice by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. 601
Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Copyright © 2016. Fidelity National Financial, Inc. All Rights Reserved. EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 1, 2016