At Fidelity National Financial, Inc. and its majority-owned subsidiary companies (collectively, “FNF”, “our” or “we”), we value the privacy of our customers. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and protect your information and explains the choices you have regarding that information. A summary of our privacy practices is below. We also encourage you to read the complete Privacy Notice following the summary.
Types of Information Collected:
You may provide us with certain personal information, like your contact information, social security number (SSN), driver’s license, other government ID numbers, and/or financial information. We may also receive information from your Internet browser, computer and/or mobile device.
How Information is Collected:
We may collect personal information directly from you from applications, forms, or communications we receive from you, or from other sources on your behalf, in connection with our provision of products or services to you. We may also collect browsing information from your Internet browser, computer, mobile device or similar equipment. This browsing information is generic and reveals nothing personal about the user.
Use of Your Information:
We may use your information to provide products and services to you (or someone on your behalf), to improve our products and services, and to communicate with you about our products and services. We do not give or sell your personal information to parties outside of FNF for their use to market their products or services to you.
Security Of Your Information:
We utilize a combination of security technologies, procedures and safeguards to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure. We communicate to our employees about the need to protect personal information.
Choices With Your Information:
Your decision to submit personal information is entirely up to you. You can opt-out of certain disclosures or use of your information or choose to not provide any personal information to us.
When We Share Information:
We may disclose your information to third parties providing you products and services on our behalf, law enforcement agencies or governmental authorities, as required by law, and to parties with whom you authorize us to share your information.
Information From Children:
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, and our websites are not intended to attract children.
Privacy Outside the Website:
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, even if our website links to those parties’ websites.
Access and Correction:
If you desire to see the information collected about you and/or correct any inaccuracies, please contact us in the manner specified in this Privacy Notice.
Do Not Track Disclosures:
We do not recognize “do not track” requests from Internet browsers and similar devices.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act:
Certain FNF websites collect information on behalf of mortgage loan servicers. The mortgage loan servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through those websites.
By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside your country of residence, as well as the fact that we will handle such information consistent with this Privacy Notice
Your Consent To This Privacy Notice:
By submitting information to us and using our websites, you are accepting and agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
If you have questions or wish to contact us regarding this Privacy Notice, please use the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
FNF respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. We pledge to take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information (as defined herein) and to ensure your information is used in compliance with this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is only in effect for information collected and/or owned by or on behalf of FNF, including collection through any FNF website or online services offered by FNF (collectively, the “Website”), as well as any information collected offline (e.g., paper documents). The provision of this Privacy Notice to you does not create any express or implied relationship, nor create any express or implied duty or other obligation, between FNF and you.
Types of Information Collected
We may collect two types of information: Personal Information and Browsing Information. Personal Information. The types of personal information FNF collects may include, but are not limited to:
• contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address);
• social security number (SSN), driver’s license, and other government ID numbers; and
• financial account or loan information.
Browsing Information. The types of browsing information FNF collects may include, but are not limited to:
• Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
• browser language;
• browser type;
• domain name system requests;
• browsing history;
• number of clicks;
• hypertext transfer protocol headers; and
• application client and server banners.
How Information is Collected
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
• applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative, whether electronic or paper;
• communications to us from you or others;
• information about your transactions with, or services performed by, us, our affiliates or others; and
• information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records that we either obtain directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others. We may collect Browsing Information from you as follows:
• Browser Log Files. Our servers automatically log, collect and record certain Browsing Information about each visitor to the Website. The Browsing Information includes only generic information and reveals nothing personal about the user.
• Cookies. From time to time, FNF may send a “cookie” to your computer when you visit the Website. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you visit the Website again, the cookie allows the Website to recognize your computer, with the goal of providing an optimized user experience. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can choose not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. If you choose not to accept cookies, then some functions of the Website may not work as intended.
Use of Collected Information
Information collected by FNF is used for three main purposes:
• To provide products and services to you, or to one or more third party service providers who are performing services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you;
• To improve our products and services; and
• To communicate with you and to inform you about FNF’s products and services.
When We Share Information
We may share your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Browsing Information with certain individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without first obtaining your authorization. Such dsclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
• to agents, representatives, or others to provide you with services or products you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or material misrepresentation or nondisclosure;
• to third-party contractors or service providers who provide services or perform other functions on our behalf;
• to law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders; and/or
• to other parties authorized to receive the information in connection with services provided to you or a transaction involving you.
We may disclose Personal Information and/or Browsing Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
• comply with a legal process or applicable laws;
• enforce this Privacy Notice;
• investigate or respond to claims that any information provided by you violates the rights of a third party; or
• protect the rights, property or personal safety of FNF, its users or the public.
We make efforts to ensure third party contractors and service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf protect your information. We limit use of your information to the purposes for which the information was provided. We do not give or sell your information to third parties for their own direct marketing use. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, Browsing Information, as well as any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the FNF business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of this information in connection with any of the above-described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third party or for any actions of any third party that receives any of the information that is disclosed to us.
Choices With Your Information
Whether you submit your information to FNF is entirely up to you. If you decide not to submit your information, FNF may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. You may choose to prevent FNF from using your information under certain circumstances (“opt out”). You may opt out of receiving communications from us about our products and/or services.
Security And Retention Of Information
FNF is committed to protecting the information you share with us and utilizes a combination of security technologies, procedures and safeguards to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure. FNF trains its employees on privacy practices and on FNF’s privacy and information security policies. FNF works hard to retain information related to you only as long as reasonably necessary for business and/or legal purposes.
Information From Children
The Website is meant for adults. The Website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without permission from a parent or guardian.
Privacy Outside the Website
The Website may contain links to other websites, including links to websites of third party service providers. FNF is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites.
Because FNF’s headquarters is located in the United States, we may transfer your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to the United States. By using our website and providing us with your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information, you understand and consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside your country of residence, as well as the fact that we will handle such information consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Currently, our policy is that we do not recognize “do not track” requests from Internet browsers and similar devices.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act
For some websites which FNF or one of its companies owns, such as the Customer CareNet (“CCN”), FNF is acting as a third party service provider to a mortgage loan servicer. In those instances, we may collect certain information on behalf of that mortgage loan servicer, including:
• first and last name;
• property address;
• user name and password;
• loan number;
• social security number – masked upon entry;
• email address;
• security questions and answers; and
• IP address.
The information you submit is then transferred to your mortgage loan servicer by way of CCN. The mortgage loan servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through this website. For example, if you believe that your payment or user information is incorrect, you must contact your mortgage loan servicer.
CCN does not share consumer information with third parties, other than those with which the mortgage loan servicer has contracted to interface with the CCN application. All sections of this Privacy Notice apply to your interaction with CCN, except for the sections titled Choices with Your Information, and Access and Correction. If you have questions regarding the choices you have with regard to your personal information or how to access or correct your personal information, contact your mortgage loan servicer.
Access and Correction
To access your Personal Information in the possession of FNF and correct any inaccuracies, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
601 Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Your Consent To This Privacy Notice
By submitting Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to FNF, you consent to the collection and use of information by FNF in compliance with this Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice. If we change this Privacy Notice, we will post the revised version on the Website.
Please send questions and/or comments related to this Privacy Notice by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. 601
Riverside Avenue Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Copyright © 2016. Fidelity National Financial, Inc. All Rights Reserved. EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 1, 2016